BONNIEHUBERT.COM

Journey with me through my year as Mrs. Texas International as I promote CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates)and The American Heart Association.Check out my website bonniehubert.com today for ways to join me in the cause!

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Woodlands, TX

I strive everyday to be super mom... a super human. My goal is to, as Bernard Shaw put it, "be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work, the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no "brief candle" to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and want to make burn as brightly as possible before handing it on for future generations."

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mrs. International Pageant


Skeeter and I arrived in Chicago on Monday July 13. We spent two days exploring Chicago in perfect sunny weather. It felt like Heaven compared to the 102 we left in Houston. Tuesday night I met all the amazing women who came for the Mrs. International pageant.



Wed. our group toured Chicago in a double decker bus. It was a great opportunity to get to know the other contestants. When we returned we went straight to rehearsals. I loved every second!


By Friday I had the opening number down and was so ready for the prelims!




Saturday night when I was announced as part of the top ten finalists, by heart leapt! I felt so honored to be among the most amazing women I have ever met.. some of whom were not standing with me in the top ten. I can honestly say that I gave my best. I prayed to be transparent so that others could see CASA through me... and I know I accomplished that goal. I was blessed to have confidence, stamina and endurance.






My name was called as 2nd runner up....so exciting! What went through my mind as they called my name was something my sister Lisa said when she finished her marathon last year. "Why not challenge ourselves to be extraordinary, even if it is just for one moment?" Lisa, I had my moment--- and it was wonderful.


2 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

Bonnie,

You did a GREAT job at natioanls! I am so impressed with all you are doing. I would love to visit with you more please contact me via email at mrsnd@mail2world.com
Thank you and Congratulations on your placement at nationals!
Hugs
Ang

August 9, 2009 at 7:37 AM  
Blogger noelle said...

hey mamacita, beautiful, beautiful pics. you look gorgeous and super glam. love. so proud of you. so when are you coming to meh-hee-co? calendar it, girlfriend. asap. necesitamos practicar nuestro espanol juntos!

August 12, 2009 at 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home