BONNIEHUBERT.COM

Journey with me through my year as Mrs. Texas International as I promote CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates)and The American Heart Association.Check out my website bonniehubert.com today for ways to join me in the cause!

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Woodlands, TX

I strive everyday to be super mom... a super human. My goal is to, as Bernard Shaw put it, "be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work, the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no "brief candle" to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and want to make burn as brightly as possible before handing it on for future generations."

Saturday, May 16, 2009

RELAY FOR LIFE

May 15th at the American Cancer Society's Relay for life event, I spoke to the crowd during the opening ceremony about "Triumphing Over Challenge." I likened the challenge of Cancer to a terrible storm and how ultimately one must choose if he/she will dance in the rain. I have known many people effected by cancer. My mother, my brother-in-law, father-in-law, aunt and grandma and other friends. I am so proud of them for the challenges they have overcome and the hope that lives within them that Cancer will one day be eliminated.

2 Comments:

Blogger noelle said...

oooo, so glad you updated your blog. this was a good reminder... i've been meaning to blog about you! though i promise not to post anything too embarrassing or bunco night-ish. ha. love you so and am so proud of all the wonderful things you're doing. you know i love you. see you 4th of july weekend - be there or be square!

p.s. the pic you posted of brooke made me soooooo teary!!!! she looks gorgeous! beautiful, pregoo girl. i miss you both so much. :(

May 17, 2009 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger Ediciones Unicornio Multimedia said...

Saludos ☻
HOLA MI NOMBRE ES CARLOS,, SOY DE MEXICO Y PASE POR TU BLOG ESTA BONITO....
TE ESPERO EN MI BLOGSPOT:
http://galaxiajuvenil.blogspot.com/

REGARDS ☻
HELLO MY NAME IS CARLOS, I AM OF MEXICO AND PASS FOR YOUR BLOG THIS ONE NICELY.... I WAIT FOR YOU IN MY BLOGSPOT:
http: // galaxiajuvenil.blogspot.com/

BYE (devuelvan la visita)☻ www.galaxiajuvenil.blogspot.com

Hazte mi seguidor en mi blog← ☻

July 10, 2009 at 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home